The W&H Group, a family-run company based in Burmoos, Austria, is one of the leading manufacturers of dental transmission instruments in the world. Established in 1890 by the precision engineers Weber and Hampel, the company was acquired by the Malata family in 1958. Innovative product and service solutions, a strong focus on research and development, vision and social responsibility have made W&H a successful local and global player. W&H has 980 employees throughout the world (645 of which are at the site in Burmoos), and exports its products to more than 90 countries. The family company operates two production sites in Burmoos, Austria, one in Brusaporto, Italy and has 15 sales subsidiaries in Europe, Asia and North America.
W&H can look back on more than a century of manufacturing high-quality dental products. The two precision engineers and W&H founders, Weber and Hampel, were the first in Europe to develop mechanical straight and contra-angle handpieces for dentists. W&H is a company which specialises in dental instruments. The current range of products includes rotating instruments for restoration and prosthetics, endodontics, implantology (placing dental implants) and prophylaxis, as well as instruments in the field of hygiene and maintenance and for dental laboratories. W&H products are among the best quality instruments on the market and are used in dental practices, dental hospitals, dental laboratories and in micro-surgery.